NSTR is working with a leading global independent company to appoint a VAT Manager as the business continues to expand and grow.
With a business-wide focus on improving processes and internal systems, an additional VAT Manager is required so that existing compliance and financial reporting processes can be improved.
As a VAT manager in the tax team you will report to the VAT director, working alongside the existing VAT managers, and will be responsible for preparing and submitting VAT returns and ECSLs for specific territories, which will involve working with the country finance teams to improve processes and accuracy of data. You will also provide ad-hoc support to the VAT director on other non-compliance Indirect Tax matters.
The role does not require tax technical qualifications, but a sound technical understanding of VAT and working experience of VAT compliance and Excel is a must. The role will provide a broad range of tax experience in a truly international and dynamic business and therefore offers a great opportunity to develop your tax knowledge.
- Preparing and submitting VAT returns
- Performing reconciliations
- Building and maintaining relationships with key finance personnel across the business
- Working with finance teams to improve processes
- Liaising with tax authorities where necessary
- Assisting in VAT audits
- Providing support with other Indirect tax duties
- Providing cover for existing VAT manager where required
- Experience of preparing and submitting VAT returns
- VAT technical knowledge
- Intermediate/advanced Excel skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing priorities
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Integrity and trust
- Team work
- Tax technical qualifications
- Competitive Annual Leave
- Work Anniversary Awards
- Free Parking