NSTR is recruiting for a US Tax Senior Manager to join a global firm in their Bermuda office. Join their Financial Services Office (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global market perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management and private equity, banking and capital markets, and insurance, we provide integrated assurance, consulting, strategy & transactions, and tax services to clients. As a market segment of the FSO, the BBC includes the Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, and Cayman Islands. By joining the BBC, you will receive unmatched exposure and experience to our continuously growing portfolio of diverse FSO clients.
FSO tax practice provides comprehensive and specialised tax assistance tailored to the unique needs of the asset management industry. You would join the tax professionals who are knowledgeable and experienced with varied and specialised facets of hedge fund, private equity fund and mutual fund taxation, including fund and organisational structuring, tax compliance, and on-call advice.
As a senior manager in the wealth & asset management tax practice, you will be responsible for leading tax compliance and advisory work for clients. You will work on key client issues in domestic federal, international and state and local taxation with a focus on implementing tax strategies that align with the client’s business objectives. You will manage tax compliance accounts for hedge funds and or private equity funds. You will review extensive securities analysis, make appropriate tax adjustments, and provide sign-off for the production and delivery of K-1’s and partnership tax returns. You will be responsible for reviewing partnership agreements and private placement memorandums for tax implications of items such as book and tax allocations, stuffing provisions, management and incentive fees as well as run the day to day activities on the accounts that are spread across various locations.
- Strong technical knowledge in the asset management tax area
- Ability to analyse trading reports for tax character and book tax differences, such as wash sales, constructive sales, straddles, and other securities issues
- The ability to teach or assist with firm in-house trainings
- Build impactful relationships with new and existing clients and maintain relationships with firm leadership
- Create a positive and trusting environment where team members know each other and feel a part of their team
- Able to identify key tax technical issues and raise the appropriate questions before the work is sent for review to the partner or senior manager – and consult when necessary
- Managing multiple work assignments and deadlines
- A bachelor’s degree in an accounting, finance or a business discipline, and a minimum of 8 years of relevant tax experience; or an advanced degree in tax or law and a minimum of 7 years of relevant tax experience
- A CPA (or equivalent internationally recognised accounting designation), Enrolled Agent and/or LLM certification is required
- Experience serving clients in the wealth & asset management industry, which may include mutual funds, hedge funds, private equity funds or other investment vehicles
- Broad exposure to federal income taxation and exposure to state and local tax
- Excellent managerial, leadership, organisational, and verbal/written communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in mentoring and training others
- A thorough understanding of building client relationships