This role is for a self-motivated individual who has attention to detail and great communication skills. It will include working from offices in Bolton and Manchester, with the opportunity for flexible working.
This role is for a committed Tax Senior with relevant corporation tax and R&D tax relief experience.
- To attend to the preparation and submission of client’s corporation tax returns across a diverse client base.
- Assist clients in maximising any corporation tax reliefs available.
- Advise clients on payment of tax liabilities and potential repayments due.
- Work closely with our clients and R&D portfolio to get to know their businesses, ensuring optimum service levels at all times.
- Be the first point of contact for clients, dealing with ad-hoc queries and liaising with our specialists both internally and externally to help achieve the right solutions.
- Be responsible for jobs from start to finish, taking ownership to complete tasks on time.
- Be given your own workflow to manage each month and given independence to manage your work, including the use of junior resources.
- Lead client meetings and develop robust claim methodologies to support R&D Tax Incentive claims that will be submitted to HMRC. This will include managing the overall client engagement, identification and mitigation of any inherent risks and overseeing the technical and costing aspects of claims.
- Review of documentation to support the R&D Tax Incentive claims, including technical descriptions of our client’s R&D activities along with complex calculations supporting the quantification of the qualifying expenditure in accordance with the tax legislation.
- The successful candidate is responsible for analysing the costs attributed to the R&D projects, the submission of the R&D reports, and relevant other amendments required to ensure the R&D claims are processed in line with HMRC legislation and guidelines. Ensuring the client receives all benefit that is due and is obtained within HMRC guidelines and appropriate to the client’s expectations.
- Ensuring corporation tax returns are completed in line with relevant legal and tax regulations.
- To contribute to the efficient and successful delivery of R&D tax services to the client inclusive of all tax technical elements.
- Completing cost summaries and tax return submissions/amendments in a way that follows company processes, expectations, and checks to maximise client benefit, accuracy, and due diligence.
- Reporting to Directors and Partners regarding the R&D portfolio and performance.
- Manage enquiries raised by the HM Revenue & Customs.
- Work closely with other departments and assist with planning and advisory work.
- Manage more junior staff members ensuring that they are fully briefed on projects.
A successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong task and team management skills
- Ability to build client relationships