£60,000 to £70,000
NSTR is partnered with a large firm of Chartered Accountants based in Reading who have a new requirement for an experienced Payroll Manager to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
Reporting to the Tax Partner, as Payroll Manager, you will be responsible for revolutionising the payroll bureau service currently offered to clients by way of projects, transformation, development and upskilling of the existing payroll team.
- Management of a team of 15 responsible for processing payroll for over 500 clients
- Daily meetings, 1-to-1s, appraisals, training of staff and disciplinary procedures
- Recruitment of new payroll administrators
- Hands on processing of complex payroll and managing escalated payroll queries – weekly, fortnightly and monthly
- Management of own client portfolio, and acting as the senior point of contact for all clients
- Implementation of new payrolls and running the first payroll for each new client
- Identifying and developing best practices to improve process efficiency
- Ensuring compliance with internal procedures
- Identifying new business leads for the bureau and attending business development meetings with other areas of the business
- Previous client payroll management experience within a bureau
- CIPP qualified
- Technically sound knowledge of payroll legislation and furlough claims process
- Proven track-record of team management, including training and development
- Experience recognising and improving efficiencies within a payroll function
- Previous use of Iris (formerly Star)
- Ability to resolve complex payroll queries and maintain client satisfaction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This vacancy will initially be working from home and interviews and onboarding will take place remotely. This role will eventually be predominantly office-based, with some home-working available.