£40,000 – £45,000
NSTR is partnered with a large firm of Chartered Accountants based in Manchester who have a new requirement for an experienced Payroll Manager to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
As Payroll Manager, you will report to the Tax Partner and be responsible for the daily management of a small team of Payroll Administrators to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of client’s payrolls. In addition, you will attend business development meetings and implement new best practice procedures for the department.
- Management of a team of 4 responsible for processing payroll for over 400 clients
- Daily meetings, 1-to-1s, appraisals and training of staff
- Recruitment of new payroll administrators where required
- Hands on processing of complex payroll and managing escalated payroll queries
- Implementation of new payrolls and running the first payroll for each new client
- Identifying and developing best practices to improve process efficiency
- Business development where necessary to win new clients
- Previous payroll management experience, ideally within a bureau
- Excellent knowledge of payroll legislation and furlough claims process
- Proven track-record of team management, including training and development
- Experience recognising and improving efficiencies within a payroll function
- Ability to resolve complex payroll queries and maintain client satisfaction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- CIPP qualified is advantageous
- Flexible working
- On-site parking
- 25 days holiday + bank holiday
- Enhanced pension contribution
This vacancy will initially be working from home and interviews and onboarding will take place remotely. This role will eventually be predominantly office-based, with some home-working available.
|Job Category||Transactional Finance|