NSTR is partnered with a large firm of Chartered Accountants based in Lancashire who have a new requirement for an experienced Payroll Manager to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
As Payroll Manager, you will be responsible for revolutionising the payroll bureau service currently offered to clients by way of projects, transformation, development and up skilling of the existing payroll team. In addition, you will also oversee the complete implementation of Iris Payroll Software from Sage, including testing, data migration, parallel runs and training.
- Management of a team of 4 responsible for processing payroll for over 400 clients
- Daily meetings, 1-to-1s, appraisals and training of staff
- Recruitment of new payroll administrators where required
- Hands on processing of complex payroll and managing escalated payroll queries
- Implementation of new payrolls and running the first payroll for each new client
- Identifying and developing best practices to improve process efficiency
- Management of implementation of Iris software from Sage
- Business development where necessary to win new clients
- Previous payroll management experience, ideally within a bureau
- Experience implementing new payroll systems from start to finish
- Excellent knowledge of payroll legislation and furlough claims process
- Proven track-record of team management, including training and development
- Experience recognising and improving efficiencies within a payroll function
- Previous use of Iris (formerly Star) is advantageous
- Ability to resolve complex payroll queries and maintain client satisfaction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This vacancy will initially be working from home and interviews and onboarding will take place remotely. This role will eventually be predominantly office-based, with some home-working available.