NSTR is partnered with a Top 10 accountancy firm with an opportunity to become a vital member of a growing and dynamic team. You’ll be responsible for servicing clients, directing all assurance services delivered, managing people and supporting the Partners with business development and practice management.
- Act as audit lead on a range of financial services clients. The expectation is that on large assignments this role will be supported by one (or more) Managers. Overall responsibility for each assignment will be retained by the Partner
- Responsible for leading and directing all aspects of audit services delivered
- Responsible for maximising profitability from a portfolio of clients and taking responsibility for budgeting, WiP control and billing
- Support Partners in group sales and marketing activity, including playing a leading role in client pitch teams, attendance at group networking, and other marketing events as appropriate
- Contribute to development of new business relationships and business proposals through high level sales and marketing activity. This will include winning work by targeting new clients
- Support Partners with the implementation and communication of any new business strategy for existing clients, target clients and the internal business
- Engage with clients directly on technical and audit judgement decisions
- ACA/ICAS qualified or overseas equivalent
- Significant experience of auditing within the financial services sector including clients within one or more of the asset management, capital markets and insurance sectors
- Knowledge of the CASS rules and experience of client money and assets audits, reporting to the FCA
- Excellent working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements
- Managing and developing staff (not only audit teams), i.e. coordinating staff projects, mentoring, counselling, appraising, recruiting etc.
- Proven experience in managing a wide portfolio of concurrent projects and project teams in a project management framework