December 2022 – 4 Minute Read
Christmas is the time for enjoying the festivities and spending time with you family, so job hunting may not be your number one priority … however, looking for your new role over Christmas could actually prove more successful than any other time of the year!
Although companies may ‘wind down’ over the festive period, there are definitely still jobs out there for the determined job seeker.
By staying ahead of the game and following a few festive tips, you can keep Christmas spirits high when job hunting…
Here are a few reasons to continue your job search throughout December:
- Many people will be thinking the same as you… “I’ll put my search on hold over the Christmas period” … so for those who continue with their search, you will be up against fewer job seekers. Less competition means more chance of success and a much quicker interview process.
- Companies will have budgets to hit before the end of the year including hiring budgets. This can encourage businesses to hire before the end of December to ensure they have the same budget if not more for the coming year.
- What better way to start the new year than in a new job, with a fresh mind and new challenges ahead!?
- Vacancies open up as companies get ready for growth in the new year as well as staff handing in their notice wanting to start fresh, so opportunities that might not usually be there could become available.
- Most recruitment companies work through the festive period, and with a high portion of candidates putting their job hunt on hold, you may get more time to talk with your recruiter and get put forward for more opportunities.
- People are overall much happier at this time of year – take advantage of that, schedule meetings over a festive hot chocolate or mulled wine and make the most of the Christmas spirit!
There are many more festive and interesting ways to search for new opportunities this December, so instead of sitting in front of your computer scrolling through job boards all day, why not try going to festive networking events or attending virtual events to help with your search; taking some online courses while searching for your job to enhance andupdate your CV; or taking advantage of the spare time you have over the festive period by conducting research into what you are looking for and what you need to achieve your career goals.
As an example, NSTR had a number of conversations with candidates over the Christmas period 2021 and into the new year which materialised into placements later in the year across our service lines, so it’s definitely worth having an idea of what you are looking for with plenty of time to find that dream role.
Most importantly, stay positive, enjoy your Christmas and get in touch with NSTR to find out how we can help with your search this December!
Written by Kiera Jazwinski
Head of Operations
Back to Blog Selection